Discussioni AttiveDiscussioni Attive  Mostra la lista degli UtentiLista Utenti  Cerca nel ForumCerca  HelpHelp
  RegistrazioneRegistrazione  LoginLogin
Le vostre Parole
 Ambiente psichico & Ricerca : Le vostre Parole
Oggetto Discussione: barefoot or in minimalist Posta RispostaInserisci Nuova Discussione
Autore
Messaggio << Discussione Prec | Discussione Succ >>
Labi1995

Stato Connessione: Sconnesso
Postato: 22 Ott 19 alle 03:31 | IP Salvato Riporta Labi1995

Christopher McDougall began his wildly popular book ďBorn to RunĒ by asking a fairly simple question: ďHow come my foot hurts?Ē Nike Air Vapormax Femme This led him on a quest that ultimately brought him to the conclusion that running shoes were the problem, and that heíd be better off throwing his regular shoes away and running Nike Air Max 90 Dames Roze barefoot or in something more minimalist like the Vibram Fivefingers. If youíve paid any attention at all over the past year, youíre probably well aware of the fallout from McDougallís book, and whether you like his approach or not, it would be hard to argue with the fact that heís done more to stimulate discussion in this area than any of the academic researchers or medical professionals (or running pros for that matter) that we typically look to for guidance when it comes to deciding what to put on our feet.Over the past few days Iíve thought a lot about the pros and cons of shoes vs. no shoes, and I keep finding myself asking the converse of the Nike Air Max 270 Femme question that McDougall posed to himself Ė ďHow come my feet havenít been hurt?Ē Iíve been running off-an-on for most of my adult like, and for the past 3 years Iíve been running Nike Air Max Classic BW Womens regularly and quite a lot, probably averaging around 20 miles per week, with highs pushing into the 50 mile-per-week range during marathon training. Although Iíve had my share of aches and pains, Iíve been fortunate to have avoided any injuries significant enough to sideline me for more than a few days (itís with great hesitation that I write this sentence, for the superstitious side of me feels like Iím asking for trouble!). This has led me to wonder why Iíve been so lucky, when others have reported that as many as 75% of runners get injured each year?
With this introduction, permit me to wildly speculate a bit, for thinking out loud is one of the best Nike Air Max 90 Womens Pink ways for me to mull over ideas. Let me start with some observations:Many, but not all, running injuries are repetitive use injuries. As an example, stress fractures result from chronic Adidas Ultra Boost Damen repetitive loading to a bone that produces accumulating microdamage at a rate faster than the bone can remodel to repair it. Accumulation of damage can be exacerbated by fatigued muscles due to overtraining/lack of rest since they are no longer effectively capable of assisting in the absorption of shock to the legs/feet. The point here is that if you expose your legs to the same type of shock over and over without variation or adequate rest to allow for tissue repair, youíre Nike Air Max 2017 Femme asking for trouble.Iíve spent the past two days (!) reading through threads on barefoot running and the dangers of running in Vibram Fivefingers at the Podiatry Arena (thanks Nike Air Max 270 Femme to a reader for pointing this out to me), and I canít help but come away frustrated by the level of animosity between the medical podiatry and barefoot running communities. There seems to be such a level of disdain of each group for the other (this is not universal, but it is clearly there if you read through these posts and those by people like Christopher McDougall and some on the barefoot running sites) that it in many cases precludes a thoughtful and balanced discussion of the topic. Many of the aches and pains that we experience as new runners or when changing shoes (or running barefoot) may be a direct result of the body adapting to the new set of www.tobiasstiftung.de forces it is being exposed to. Taking the barefoot example, there is good research showing that our gait biomechanics changes when we run barefoot or in minimalist shoes like the Nike Air Max Classic BW Womens Vibram Fivefingers (see De Wit et al., 2000; Divert et al., 2005; Squadrone and Galozzi 2009; Lieberman et al., 2010), and this is likely why itís very common for people trying out this style of running to report delayed onset calf soreness and other forms of pain when first starting this style of running. Similarly, this is alos probably why metatarsal and tibial stress fractures have been reported in people jumping into barefoot or minimalist running and doing too many miles without adequate rest (i.e., poor training decisions).
Top ^ Letto Labi1995's Profilo Cerca per altri Messaggi per Labi1995

Se vuoi postare una risposta prima devi login
Se non sei ancora registrato prima devi registrarti

Posta RispostaInserisci Nuova Discussione
Versione Stampabile Versione Stampabile

Cambia Forum